Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

how to fix double printing of letters?

[ Edited ]

When printing, some lines come written with double letter effect: For example, the word "bad" looks like "bbaadd". The letters are so close that are almost on top of each other. This does not happen to all of the text on the page, but to many lines.

Printer is MX922.  Print from Word doc (or any text editor) onto plain paper.

Already did all the steps in the Maintenance window (ie. cleaning, head alignment, nozzle check, etc...).  No help.

Product Expert

Re: how to fix double printing of letters?

Hi travisvu,

Since the alignments and cleanings did not work, you can try cleaning the encoder strip of the printer to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.  

If you still experience difficulty after cleaning the encoder strip, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
SCB
New Contributor

I have the exact same issue with a MG7120 and your hyper link to cleaning the encoder strip below does not seem to work. Where can I get the instructions on how to clean the encoder strip for a MG7120?

Many thanks

SCB

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having same problem as above on MG5500.  The link with instructions is not working.  Has anyone had success in fixing this?  Advice please?

Thanks so much!

L