Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how scan and attach to email

roggen
Apprentice

hola, how are you

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Please be aware that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

Thank for your help.

My printer is a CANON PIXMA  M495

System Windows 7

WIFI

I followed all instructions. Scanning is OK:After scanning (Attach to e-mail), the e-mail format pops up, indicating the scan to be emailed.

I enter the e-mail address and click "send".

But checking, nobody receives the e-mail.

mac 10

I have canonMX472. Please how do I scan and email a document? I have a mac 10 computer.

Hi gloriafalk,

To scan and attach a document to email, please follow these steps:

1. Start IJ Scan Utility by going to the Go menu of Finder, selecting Applications, then double-clicking the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, then Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility.

2. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.

3. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN or PHOTO SCAN option on the left pane of the window, depending on what you would like to scan.

4. In the right pane of the window, locate the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, then click on the radio button next to the ATTACH TO EMAIL option.

5. In the drop-down arrow next to the ATTACH TO EMAIL field, select your email application. If your email program is not listed, please click the ADD... button to navigate to the location of your email program, then click OK to have that email
program added to the drop-down field.

6. Once your email program has been specified in the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.

7. Click the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan and attach to email. Scanning starts. When the items are finished scanning, your email program will be launched and the scanned item(s) will be attached. Please note that the item scanned will be an attachment to your email, not scanned into the body of the email.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks that was very helpful.  The problem is when I want to attach to gmail, it wants to send as a google link.  I changed my settings to google chrome but it stills go to microsoft live.  What can I do to change that?  

I just upgraded to windows 10 Pro and i can use the attach to email feature on Pixma mx 922 multi function printer  i contacted tech support department and they installed new drivers and it still does not work i get this error message fail to send email please check your email client srrtings and try again i am using out look 2016 in the office 365 program  i am begining to if the printer compatable with windows 10 pro  please advise  what is going on 

Thank you 

Richard 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements