Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get my printer ONLINE ?

wiser
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

reberiam
Apprentice

well I was told I would get a email  and this is what I got I cant understand what is going on.....how do you get it online now? 

this is getting me up st at my age I wanted something easy this is not easy.why is it going offline and not printing?

Hi reberiam!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

I have an MG5220 and have had this problem for years.  First printing in a session and it came back as being offline. I could jiggle some things or manually shut down and restart, and that would fix it for that session. Back when I ran XP I asked for help and they said to download new driver. I did so and bingo, it worked. 

Recently went to Windows 8.1 and the same problem has returned. I'm online and ready to print, but the printer is sleeping like an old horse.  I downloaded the newest driver. This time it didn't seem to help.

Hi PeacockFeather,

Are you using your PIXMA MG5220 with a USB cable or are you using it wirelessly?

Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 8?  To determine which version of Windows 8 you are using, please follow these steps:

1.  Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.

2.  Click on Search.

3.  Type WINVER

4.  On the right hand side, click Apps.

5.  In the results, click winver.exe.

Your version will be listed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It is wireless connection.  I am running Windows 8.1 in the 64 bit version.  Now what?

Announcements