cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message Code:9,244,3

JIS
Apprentice

I cannot scan since downloading Windows 10.  It says: You don't have the required privileges to access the specified folder Code 9,244,3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ozexpat
Apprentice
I have found a solution to this, i think. In your scanner settings, change the destination folder of your scans - where they are being scanned to & where you save them to. I t has worked for me. I hope it works for you. Please respond if it does. from ozexpat

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

W10 still shows the folders as read only, but will let me scan into them. Quite odd. Any folder I create is Read-only, but I can create files. Tried to apply to C:, and is successful except for certain system folders and files. 

I just say "Windows 10" out loud and my computer shakes in fear, then freezes up

How do I change the scanner settings?

It worked for me. Thanks a lot!!! I went then in via Windows Explorer and change security settings for all my folders. I could then "send" scanned files/photos to any folder I wanted to....

Wishing you the best

and which select destination folder?

super, working thanks'

Did not work for me. Still frustrated!!!

Hi JLRC2               

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI      

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling software. Thanks.

This is a Windows 10 problem.  This Canon Error Code 9,244,3 (when trying to scan a document) stared after I installed Win 10 Feature Update 1803.  I tried everything suggested in this thread, plus a few other things, to no avail.

I stumbled across the solution by clicking on the Windows message itself in the Notifications bar on the right side of the screen.  Doing that presented me with a settings screen entitled (in tiny letters) Windows Defender Security Center.  Under that it said Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access.  Click the + sign to Add an Allowed App and up pops a mini file explorer.  Browse to your Program Files folder(s) and select the executable (.exe) – in this case SCANUTILITY.exe.  My Canon scanner (MX922) works fine now.

As an alternative, open Windows settings, search for Controlled Folder Access to access the Add App panel to turn off the Controlled Folder feature entirely.

M$ is extending its control in protecting folders to what it thinks is best for us.  I’m done with their **bleep** Feature Updates screwing everything up.

Announcements