cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 9923

cbkotchka
Apprentice

Trying to scan  (MX920) on my MacBook Air with OSX  10.11.2

This has worked with no problem before.  Now I try to get into the scanner through various methods and get the same error:

"An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. (-9923)"

It is printing fine. Connected via WiFi.

I have restarted both the printer and computer more than once. No change.

39 REPLIES 39

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that the correct scanner has been selected in the IJ Scan Utility program.  In the top of the program, the Network version of the scanner should be selected in the dropdown menu.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

no help at all. still not working

My MX 920 with Mac keeps giving me error 9923 when I try to scan. It's printing fine. I have restarted my Mac and the Canon several times.

HI,

I'm receiving the same errors. The printer prints fine over WIFI and LAN connection but I cannot scan.

I conneccted the printer to ethenret to a hub and it still does not scan.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2016, with macOS Sierra 10.12.1

I just installed the drivers from Canons site for printer and scaner dated 9/2016.

I also tried to add the ip via the MF scanner app but does not work. 

The error message I get is:

an error occured while communnicating with scanner (-9923)

Does anyone have any solutions?

I'm using a Canon MF229dw unit.

Thank you,

For weeks I've been calling Apple Care to get help as my computer won't consistently print and it's been terribly frustrating. I've spent HOURS on the phone with Apple and despite installing new drivers and firmware, it might print for a few days but it goes off again and nothing has permanently changed. It constantly says the printer is not connected to the computer. And now, the scanner isn't working (error 9923).

This has only been an issue in the last few months and the printer and computer worked perfectly together before. Never a problem.

My Canon is a MF227dw and OS for my Macbook Pro is Sierra 10.12.2. Has anyone else had issues like this? If so, did it ever get resolved? I can't help but wonder if it's related to the new OS version as that's the only thing that's changed.

Hi CanmoreGrrl!

Since you've been on with AppleCare, we suggest reaching out to Canon Canada's support team to see if they can help get things resolved. They're available at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) or online by clicking HERE

Im also having this problem, did you ever solve it?

Go into the printer & scanners section under system preferences.  Click on the printer and click reset printing systems.  After its done reselect your printer and it worked for me

This is the answer. Works for my Canon ts9120 and OS Mojave when getting the error 9923 for scanning.

Announcements