cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colors on glossy photo paper is splotchy. any help would be appreciated. Jan

janetadele
Apprentice

mx892  -- colors on glossy photo paper is splotchy. any help would be appreciated. Jan

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sometimes that happens when the wrong paper/profile combination is used. What paper are you printing with? What printer setting are you using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have not changed papers as I use Papilio Inkjet clear waterslide decal paper and have used this brand for years.  I am using the same settings and same software to print from.  I got a not from support and they tole me to check the nozzle pattern and it was really good but I still did a cleaning and a deep cleaning with hope but still not printing right.  I went on website to see if I needed to update but there were several options so did not know what to pick.

Thank you for your response.  Jan

I use clear decal injet paper from papilio and am using the same settings I always use: Glossy Photo Paper and click the boxes in the efftects :  Vivid photo and the clicks under that.  Thank you, Jan

Did you get a fix for this? I just bought some Papilio (white) waterslide paper for inkjet and the images keep coming out blotchy no matter what setting I try! I'd love to know if you figured out the right one. I have a Canon ix6820. Thanks!

merrymary247
Rising Star
I agree with the previous poster regarding the paper type and the driver settings. Are you using Canon paper or a different brand? What media type are you selecting when you go to print? Are you printing on the correct side? What program are you printing from?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you saying you used this paper with this printer before without problems and now just started having issues?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, same paper and same settings.  I have gone through and done all the clean ups on the maintenance page, like deep cleaning, alignment, roller cleaning etc.  and still it is not working.  I am so frustrated.  Thank you for your replying to me. Jan

I' my ust grasping at ideas to try and help. Is it possible that the paper is being loaded upside down? I know you said you've used this paper and printer before, (and I am not familiar with that paper) but Canon papers I have used display that behavior if they are loaded upside down. Do you have other paper you can try to see if it works OK on that paper?

I saw above you were looking for updates. If you didn't change your computer operating system you shouldn't need an update, but just in case where were you getting confused?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements