cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mp530 PGBK ink cartridge will not print.

caseychr
Apprentice

canon mp530 PGBK ink cartridge will not print. 

5 REPLIES 5

caseychr
Apprentice

MORE INFO: I have replaced the cartridge.  cleaned everything I can and performed all the cleanings that I can from my laptop.  simply will only print in color and does not recognize PGBK

Hello caseychr.

Please double check to make sure that the bright orange tape was removed from the top of the ink tank.

Unfortunately, if the issue persists after cleanings and deep cleanings have been done, the unit may require service for correction.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No Michael, why don't you try the Contact Us link? It's bogus, first with Canon stating they will NOT give telephone support for my MP830 printer/scanner and then by referring me to some lame support notes, that don't help at all! Everyone on this page has tried ink fixes without results. It's NOT an ink or head problem. It has to be that older Canon printers don't work with Windows 10. So I, like the rest of people here, am going to throw away this junk and go buy an Epson or HP.

Is this a generic ink?  The chip sometimes can't be read by the printer if it is.  Did the inks ever work if they were generic and then just stopped working?  Or if they are generic they never worked from the start?  Sometimes you need to return the cartridge for a new one with a better printer chip.  Canon doesn't like people to buy affordable inks so they make it harder for people to use generic inks 😜      Sometimes I just remove the cartridge a few times and put it back in.  Sometimes it works, but when it doesn't I return it to the store and get another and that usually works.

KISSPLAY
Apprentice

I am having a similar problem. 1/3rd of the way down the second page of printing: some areas of the text appeared as multiple fine lines of printing, but not text. I Deep Cleaned nozzles twice, replaced the 5PGBK cartridge and did a Nozzle Check, but the PGBK line does not show up. When I tried printing the pages over again, the printer went through the printing action but no black text appeared. This was confirmed when I tried to print a color page: No black would print. Both black cartridges are Canon and more than 1/2 full...

Any suggestions?

Announcements