cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I make the dvd tray more reliable? Sometimes I have to reinsert it up to 4 times before it print

bobnald
Apprentice

Can I make the dvd tray more reliable? Sometimes I have to reinsert it up to 4 times before it prints.

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Hi, bobnald!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

The model I have is the Pixma MX922.

I have tried 1) carefully lining the arrows up, 2) pushing the tray gently against the first resistence (further into the machine than the arrows) 3) stopping the tray between the above 2 points, 4) stopping the tray slightly before the arrows line up and 5) moving the tray around to be sure everything is aligned and free. Nothing seems to make any difference.

I am always careful to follow instructions for opening, closing and waiting.

In general, this printer works better for my DVD labelling than my last printer did, but this need to repeatedly reinsert the tray is not a benefit.

Hello.

If the tray is being seated correctly and the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar problem with a Canon MG5220.  I can use Image Garden to set up a DVD label and but when I print it, the printer pulls in the tray, thinks about it for a bit, and then spits it back out claiming that there is no disk in the tray (when there is).  I checked that the reflectors are clean and the tray is not damaged.  The disk has a white printable surface and I have used these successfully in an MG5320 (until it died).

I talked to your support group. I was told that this is not designed to print more than one DVD on an occassion. If I want to print five (as I did weekly) I would need to buy a professional model at a much higher cost. I thought the reply was bogus, but I have since retired and don't print on DVDs.

Wait... what?

@bobnald wrote:  "I was told that this is not designed to print more than one DVD on an occassion. If I want to print five (as I did weekly) I would need to buy a professional model at a much higher cost. I thought the reply was bogus..."

I would agree that that reply is bogus.  If the printer is designed to print on a CD at all, then it should work!  At least once.  I can accept that industrial loads might wreck this printer, but if it works once, it will work again, and again, until it complains or breaks.  But I can't even get it to work once!  This is my first time printing to a disk on this printer.

I appreciate your reply though.  the more discussion there is, the more likely we'll get to the bottom of the problem.

Hi livetv,

To best assist you additional information is needed. When the printer ejects the disc and displays the error message, does this happen for one particular disc or does it happen for any printable disc loaded? If the error message is for all printable disc, what is the exact error message displayed on the operation panel?

I have tried it with DVD and a BluRay disks (so it's not just one disk).  When the tray is pulled in, I hear the print head pass once (printing nothing).  The tray is then pushed out.  I hear the print head pass again then the error appears.  "There is no disk tray. Set the tray and press OK."

The tray looks fine.  I leave the inner cover closed when I start printing and wait for the dialogue box to open telling me those three steps (open inner cover, put disk in tray, press OK).  Then I do exactly that.

Thanks for your help!

Hi livetv,

Thank you for the additional information. With the information provided it appears that the disk printing area has encountered a hardware issue where it is not allowing proper disc printing procedures. To resolve this issue the unit will require service. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can perform the cleaning. I recommend getting a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then it would replacing it.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

Announcements