cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5300 all printing is pink

DOOLEY33
Apprentice

Just replaced the ink 2 weeks ago, in the middle of printing it went from black to pink and it's been pink every since. I do not refill the ink, only buy new. broke down and bought new black ink again, the color ink is showing full, black is still showing empty. Have cleaned everything through the cannon setup and it's still pink!  It's a Cannon MG5300 series. It's about 6 months old.

Something funny, when I registered for this forum, I received a confirmation email, which I printed, came out perfect!! So I tried to print something else, and it's PINK!!! Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi DOOLEY33,

Since the nozzle check is still broken after running through a few cleanings, the printer may require service.  At this point, please reach out to our technical support team at bit.ly/ContactCanon for further direction.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Julius
Rising Star

Please try reseating the ink tank and checking the ink level.  Is the ink lamp for your black ink tank flashing?

Next, follow the steps HERE and let us know how your Nozzle Check Pattern looks.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Now all are flashing, already went through the menu and cleaned everything twice. Nozzle check came out with no white lines but the blue lines came out with the first bar of color but not the next 2 lighter bars. Broke down again and purchased another blue ink, still the same. Can't keep buying ink, now all showing empty again!

Hi DOOLEY33,

Since the nozzle check is still broken after running through a few cleanings, the printer may require service.  At this point, please reach out to our technical support team at bit.ly/ContactCanon for further direction.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response. I bought a complete set of new ink (again). I installed the printer and reinstalled it, and it's fine. Don't know what happened, just glad it's fixed. If it happens again iI will take your advice. I could have bought a new printer on what I've spent on ink. All's good,  thanks!

Levels of ink are fine. Nothing flashing.  

leepem2
Apprentice

I am having the same problem I have just bought replaced all new ink and MG6860 Canon printer is printing everything PINK!!

Help please

Hi leepem2,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-271M
CLI-271BK
CLI-271Y
PGI-270PGBK
CLI-271C

Next, a test of your PIXMA MG6820 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG6820 and follow these steps:

1.  Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG6820.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print. If the test does not print correctly, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG6820.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Cleaning.

4.  Tap Yes to clean the printhead.

5.  Tap Yes to print another Nozzle Check.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

My canon MX922 is also printing all pink. It happened right after I changed the blue c-251 cartridge. Please help.

I just had the exact same problem. Take out the blue cyan ink cartridge and make sure there is nothing blocking the top. My had a tiny bit of the plastic left on it that you could barely see. Once a removed the plastic, I tapped the cartridge to make sure ink came out and it worked perfect the next time. Hope this helps.

Announcements