cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7, and Pixma iP6600D printer. Is there a driver?

Judith
Apprentice

Just upgraded computer to Windows 7, and broke out my old Canon Pixma iP6600D printer. Having difficulty downloading a driver and getting it to print. Will this printer even work with Win 7?

2 REPLIES 2

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi Judith!

The PIXMA iP6600D is fully compatible with Windows 7 using the driver provided by Windows Update.  This driver should install automatically when you connect a USB cable directly from the printer to your computer.  To see if this installed correctly, please perform the following:

1.  Click Start, Control Panel, then Printers and Other Devices.

The printer should be listed here as PIXMA iP6600D.  If it is, please try printing from it. Your printer is now installed correctly.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Hello all.  I have picked up on this old post as I have a problem involving the same two pieces of kit.

For years the pair have worked happily together.

Yesterday I was printing a document with a diagram. The words printed perfectly but not the diagram. 

I have done some checking and have found the any Word document or a document that has words on lt prints fine. The test page prints fine too.  It simply refuses to print anything resembling a picture or diagram.

When I try to print a picture (photo) the computer goes through all the normal motions and the red bar moves across the screen showing it has been sent, but the computer does not show anything in the queue.

Is there something I could have accidentally changed to select text printing only?

Can someone suggest what has changed and a possible solution? 

Thank you

Announcements