cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 drivers lose duplex support? Do they even work?

UNIVACCP642B
Contributor

We've had a MG7120 for some time, using with Windows 7 machines via wireless LAN.

We just built a Windows 10 PC, also intending to access that printer via the same wireless LAN.

I used:

► MG7100 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

First thing we noticed was that the option for duplex printing was gone from its normal place in the print menu of Adobe Reader. We've not tried other software, yet.

UAC is intercepting print jobs. I've never seen this happen before:

User Account control

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?

Program nameL Windows host process (Rundll32)

Verified publisher: Microsoft Windows

Pops up every time we try to print something, and every time we manually bring up the print queue. UAC is set to "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer." We need to turn UAC off just to use a printer? Or is something else happening?

At first, it seemed that nothing printed. The most response we got was a cryptic "Attention Required" message for the printer, but nothing more specific. The Print Queue display listed print jobs, said they were printing, but that just never happened. In truth, it just took a really long time to pring anything. I think this is due to the distance between the printer and this particular computer. A simple Notepad document with six words took a few minutes to print. That does not happen with other household computers.

Clearly, the computer communicates with the printer. It can report ink levels.

As far as I can tell, there are two issues: First, UAC is holding up our print jobs for no good reason. Don't know if that can be stopped for printing alone, or if UAC just needs to be shut down. Second, print jobs take too long. The "Attention required" may be symptomatic of connectivity issues, for all I know.

Of course, the printer works fine with other computers in the house, as always.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi UNIVACCP642B,

The duplex printing feature of the printer will still work with Windows 10; we recommend installing the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows 10 to see if this will restore the duplex printing option in that application.  

For the UAC and connectivity issues being experienced, it is recommended that you contact live technical support by calling 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).   There is NO charge for this call.  Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements