cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my MX410 scan?

ShaylaD
Apprentice

I have a MX410. It will not scan, there is no error message, it says " PC standby " when I press start. It says " PLease Wait Awhile " and nothing happens and it seems to reset it self. I am using Windows 7 ( 64X ) and have the the drivers downloaded. Is it an issue that is fixable?

19 REPLIES 19

Hi, sylvie!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

So what does this really mean? How do I get help for my scanning not scanning to my computer? It copies fine. It prints fine from the computer. It just wont scan to my computer. 

ovy49
Apprentice

What is the answer to why the MX410 will not scan to computer?

It copies.
It Prints from computer.
It just wont scan when a document is inserted to be scanned. It just says PC Scwn standby. please wait a while

catranch,

Can you scan with the MP Navigator program on your computer?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did you get any answers yet?

Hello Catranch!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Okay. Thanks Jenine. I will call during support hours as you have suggested.

pammayer
Apprentice

@ShaylaD wrote:

I have a MX410. It will not scan, there is no error message, it says " PC standby " when I press start. It says " PLease Wait Awhile " and nothing happens and it seems to reset it self. I am using Windows 10 ( 64X ) and have the the drivers downloaded. Is it an issue that is fixable?

Hi pammayer,

When you attempt to scan with your PIXMA MX410, what program on your computer are you using to perform the scan?

Are you using the MP Navigator EX?

Also, are you using your PIXMA MX410 wirelessly?    or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements