cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Canon disabled in the IE 11, Internet Options, Manage add-ons?

spetho2001
Enthusiast

I recently had to have my Windows 7 Operating System reinstalled and I noticed that some of Canon is disabled in the Internet Explorer 11, Internet Options, Manage add-ons, Currently loaded add-ons,

This is what the page looks like

Canon Easy – Web Print Ex                                       Canon                                                   Disabled

Canon Easy – Web Print Ex BHO                               Canon                                                  Disabled

Canon Easy – Web Print Ex                                       Canon                                                   Disabled

My printer seems to be running fine. Can anyone tell me what this software is used for and why it is disabled?

Thank you,

TomS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomS. 

Here is Canon's description of program:

(Optional) Canon Easy-WebPrint EX is a plug-in for Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 or later. It enables easy printing of web pages. It includes a print preview function, clipping function and layout editing function.

A version was probably installed when you installed your printer but maybe not the latest. You can download the latest version from your printer support page. 

If if you don't print web pages it's not required. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you downloaded the latest version? (1.6.0)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

I have not downloaded this software. I just had my Windows 7 operating system reinstalled and I reinstalled the Canon software from my Canon CD that came with the printer. I don't know what Easy-Web Print is. I did look on the Canon web site at software downloads available for my Pixma MG2200. I did see the software you are referring to and also a version 4.5.0, both with the same date of 8/4/15. Each piece of software does something different I presume. I did read the explanation on what the soft ware is for.

Why was it not installed from my CD?

I guess I do not need it. I also presume it is disabled in the IE add-ons because it was never installed?

TomS

TomS. 

Here is Canon's description of program:

(Optional) Canon Easy-WebPrint EX is a plug-in for Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 or later. It enables easy printing of web pages. It includes a print preview function, clipping function and layout editing function.

A version was probably installed when you installed your printer but maybe not the latest. You can download the latest version from your printer support page. 

If if you don't print web pages it's not required. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements