cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical shadowy strip on the left hand side of scanned image

theoriginalcole
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG3220 printer/scanner. I have tried directly copying using the button on my machine and scanning the images into the Image Garden app on my computer. Both methods result in this shadowy black strip on the left hand side of the image. This occurs no matter which file format I use for the scan. I have been using this machine for about four or five years up to as recently as yesterday without this issue.

I checked the drivers. This is copied from my readme file for my system information.

Canon MG3200 series
Canon MP Drivers Version 1.01 64-bit Edition
for Microsoft Windows
Instructions

IJ Printer Driver: Version 2.60
Scanner Driver(WIA): Version 20.0.0
Scanner Driver(ScanGear): Version 19.0.0
IJ Network Tool: Version 3.1.0
IJ Network Scanner Selector EX: Version 1.3.0
IJ Scan Utility: Version 1.0.1

As you can see below, the shadowy sector not only distorts the image, but it copies data from near the center of the page. I wrote this using a ballpoint pen in the center of an 8.5 x 11 piece of white printer paper. What you see on the left is only white paper in reality, but has been blacked and copied from the center of the page. I have tried this with multiple images, but I decided to upload this one because it so readily makes my point. I could duplicate this, though.

I have turned the machine off and on, restarted my computer, attempted to use a different computer linked to the same machine, and unplugged from and replugged in to the USB port on my computer.

At the recommendation of Technical Support, I have tried cleaning the glass with a microfiber cloth, and I opened up the printer and cleaned off the timing strip using a q-tip in accordance with this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&locale=en_US&impressions=false&id=ART140519

These courses of action resulted in no change. I am continuing to work with technical support, but thought I'd come by here to ask if anyone else has encountered this or a similar issue on this or a similar model.

Thank you for your time.

IMG_20180206_0010.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements