cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Detecting Printer During Driver Installation (MP495)

cookieMNster592
Apprentice

Upon trying to install the drivers for my Canon MP495, I always get stuck at the same point.  I closed all programs running in the background, pushed the "maintenence" button on the printer until it went to the "G" symbol and then pushed the "color" button.  I run the driver installation program and go through the first copule of windows no problem until it says to disconnect the printer and detect the printer over the wifi.  It says it's searching for a bit and then prompts me to instead plug in the USB to the printer and computer, which I do.  It then sits at the detection screen and never completes it.  Anyone have a similar problem or know  a solution?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi cookieMNster592!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your inquiry! 

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm currently using Windows 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi cookieMNster592,

If you have any antivirus or firewall software on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer.  Sometimes these programs can prevent the printer from being detected during installation. If you still experience difficulty, please Contact Us for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements