cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The printer does not work

LAWHUANYAN
Apprentice

Hello forum! I am happy to find a forum where I can figure out my printer!
I would like to know why the printer used for a long time, the original or normal use, suddenly the printer light flashes, the printer does not work?
what is the reason? How should I fix it?
Hope someone can help me, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChanRuoYu
Contributor

Ink jet printer has a waste ink pad, its role is to absorb the print head cleaning when the exhaust ink. The amount of ink consumed by each printer in different ways is different, and is controlled by the main board. The counter accumulates the amount of ink (i.e. waste ink) that is consumed every time the head is washed. When the cumulative amount of waste ink reaches the upper limit, the printer will stop working and prevent the ink from being filled with ink. The ink will drip into the printer and damage the printer.:smileytongue:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ChanRuoYu
Contributor

Ink jet printer has a waste ink pad, its role is to absorb the print head cleaning when the exhaust ink. The amount of ink consumed by each printer in different ways is different, and is controlled by the main board. The counter accumulates the amount of ink (i.e. waste ink) that is consumed every time the head is washed. When the cumulative amount of waste ink reaches the upper limit, the printer will stop working and prevent the ink from being filled with ink. The ink will drip into the printer and damage the printer.:smileytongue:

ChanRuoYu
Contributor

If your printing is particularly large, note that the printer may use the 20 cartridge, and the printer might have this problem. If such a problem occurs, it is better to send the printer to the service station, replace a new waste ink pad and reset the waste ink counter.Smiley Tongue

dinah100
Apprentice

I have been through the detection of fault to no avail.

huaua
Apprentice

There may be a foreign body inside your machine

What should i do?

Bob87
Apprentice

Hi! I have a pixma mg2922 and windows 10. It has been working well, but just recently it just prints very small and in the upper left corner of the sheet. I probably did something but have no idea what.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bob87,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements