Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from [Device Settings] in [Setup]

I have a Canon MG7520 Multifunction Printer.  Everytime I use it, I get the following notification message:

"The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from [Device Settings] in [Setup]"

I've already read this thread which is for people who don't know how to update their firmware.  I've already updated my firmware to the latest when I originally setup my printer.  Unfortunately, I am still seeing this notfication message.  After going through all the steps to update firmware, I end up at this notification:

"Your firmware is the latest version. Update is not required."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Does anyone know how to make this notification go away after you have the latest firmware installed?

Thanks very much for any ideas.

Product Expert

Re: The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from [Device Settings] in [Set

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from [Device Settings] in [Set

Was this resolved? Same thing happening to mine.
New Contributor

I was never able to resolve. Have not had time to sit with someone on a tech support call yet.

New Contributor

I just spoke with Canon Technical Support.  We solved the issue by tapping to Setup-> Device settings Perform various settings-> Firmware update-> Update notification setting-> and Turn Off Firmware Update Notifications:

"Do you want to periodically check whether there is the latest firmware on the server and receive a notification?"

Select "No"

You will now have to manually check for firmware updates in the future.

Guess it's a bug in the firmware for this printer.