cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from [Device Settings] in [Setup]

guido79
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG7520 Multifunction Printer.  Everytime I use it, I get the following notification message:

"The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from [Device Settings] in [Setup]"

I've already read this thread which is for people who don't know how to update their firmware.  I've already updated my firmware to the latest when I originally setup my printer.  Unfortunately, I am still seeing this notfication message.  After going through all the steps to update firmware, I end up at this notification:

"Your firmware is the latest version. Update is not required."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Does anyone know how to make this notification go away after you have the latest firmware installed?

Thanks very much for any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

guido79
Apprentice

I just spoke with Canon Technical Support.  We solved the issue by tapping to Setup-> Device settings Perform various settings-> Firmware update-> Update notification setting-> and Turn Off Firmware Update Notifications:

"Do you want to periodically check whether there is the latest firmware on the server and receive a notification?"

Select "No"

You will now have to manually check for firmware updates in the future.

Guess it's a bug in the firmware for this printer.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Was this resolved? Same thing happening to mine.

I was never able to resolve. Have not had time to sit with someone on a tech support call yet.

guido79
Apprentice

I just spoke with Canon Technical Support.  We solved the issue by tapping to Setup-> Device settings Perform various settings-> Firmware update-> Update notification setting-> and Turn Off Firmware Update Notifications:

"Do you want to periodically check whether there is the latest firmware on the server and receive a notification?"

Select "No"

You will now have to manually check for firmware updates in the future.

Guess it's a bug in the firmware for this printer.

I'm using MG7520. And my symptom is exactly same with you. But even if I use your solution, my case does not resolve.

My Printer firmware version is currently 2.030 and still shows it needs to be updated new version.

guido79
Apprentice

When I tried to update firmware. It displays "Your firmware is the latest version. Update is not required."

I cannot perform updating it. it makes me really annoyed... Smiley Frustrated

Hi Veyron,

With the information that you have provided, I would recommend performing a power reset followed by ensuring that the firmware update setting is disabled.

To perform the power reset disconnect the power cable from the printer and the wall outlet for approximately ten (10) minutes. After the recommend time has lapsed, plug the unit back into the wall outlet and turn it on.

The followings steps will guide you through disabling the Firmware Update setting:

1. Slide your finger across the screen from LEFT to RIGHT one time.
  2. Press SETUP.
  3. Press DEVICE SETTING.
  4. Slide your finger from the BOTTOM to the TOP of the screen two times.
  5. Press FIRMWARE UPDATE.
  6. Press UPDATE NOTIFICATION SETTING.
  7. A message will appear on the screen, press NO.
  8. The system will process.
  9. Press the HOME icon.
Announcements