cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from (Device Settings) in (Setup)

shirlcl
Apprentice

I'm getting this message on my printer (MG7120), but have no idea what it means.   

43 REPLIES 43

Crista
Whiz

Hi shirlcl!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Sure, my operating system is Windows 7.

I am getting this using Apple Mac OS 10.10.1 (Yosemite).

I just set up my printer and it seems to be working well.

The Apple update function just a few hours ago had fresh Canon printer settings to download. version 3.1; I got it.

But just noticed the screen on the printer wityh the message discussed.

Running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8500, Canon MG7720.  Got the message but can not find the firmware.

Am using Android and chrome.

How do I find set up to update firmware?

Ramona
Authority

Hi shirlcl and JCHa,

Updating the firmware of the printer should remove the message from your printer.  To perform the firmware update, please follow these steps:

IMPORTANT
DO NOT power off the printer during the update.

(1) Power on the printer.

(2) Confirm that the printer is connected to the Internet.

(3)Tap [ Setup ].

(4)Tap [ Device settings ].

(5)Tap [ Firmware update ].

(6)Tap [ Install update ].

(7) The message will be displayed, asking you if you wish to update the firmware. Tap [ Yes ].

(8)Tap [ Start update ]. The update will start.

(9)When "Update succeeded" is displayed, tap [ OK ].

Update of the firmware is completed.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you!  I haven't put it through any paces yet but your instructions helped me recognize several aspects of the screen.  The steps you pictured followed smoothly in sequence.

Great job of helping me understand......the pictures also helped.  The description on the printer was not very informative.

All worked perfectly on my MG6450 - but only after I found the Setup screen! There was nothing obvious on my display - I tried all the apparent options and didn't come across anything called "Setup". Then I noticed a tiny triangle at the top of the "Home" screen and realised it might refer to the up-arrow above the "OK" key, so I clicked on the latter - and the Setup screen (which I'd never seen before!) appeared. Thanks for the help.

Announcements