cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The insane 4102 error! This is a well document error that Canon does not address??

kulardenu
Apprentice

I have the MG-2922 and this will not print a 8x10 on photo paper.  Only works with the plain paper option (looks terrible).  In other sizes eg.4x6 it only has the glossy option available.  So is there a work around or firmware update in the works that can allow you to print photos in 8x10 on say PM-101???  Cheap printers are available everywhere by other MFGs that allow photo paper options for printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For photo papers, the only sizes that are supported with the MG2922 are 4"x6" and 5"x7".  For larger photo paper sizes, a printer in a higher PIXMA series would have to be used.

If additional assistance or information is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi, tmmonty2002.

The PIXMA MG2922 is capable of printing photo paper at 5"x7," and if you're having any difficulty in the process, our friendly support team is happy to help! There is never a charge to reach out, and you can choose between phone or email support at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Hope this helps!

That is like saying "This word processing program is capable of printing documents that have no more than 7 occurrences of the letter Q"

It is a dot matrix printer. It should be capable of printing photo-quality everywhere on the platen. The fact that you put white margins, restrictions on the relation between quality and paper size, means that your driver has DISABLED features anyone should expect a printer to have.

You have just put in disabling limitations.

It is like a typewriter where, if it senses that your name has an L in it, refuses to go more to the right than halfway!

Horrible, unethical practise.

Shame on you!

gunnargrimsson
Apprentice

This is a rip off. I have owned more than a dozen Canon printers and used them a lot for printing out photos in A4. And now you go and sabotage your own products without informing customers at all. This is border line fraud. And telling us that we need to buy more high-end Canon printers to print larger sizes is outraegous. You sold me this printer as a PHOTO printer, not as a 'Photo printer for small sizes'. You know, photos come in all sizes and this is an A4 printer and a photo printer. 

And then you have the gall on this forum to mark the problem as Solved! When the 'solution' is to NOT print any larger than 4x6 photos. That is not a solution to the problem and when this answer came up in Google I of course believed there was a real solution on this page. Shame on you. 

I can assure you that not only is this the last Canon printer I will ever buy but I will also be quite vocal in telling my customers and colleagues about your despicable behaviour towards your customers. By this you've not only lost a loyal customer but also a staunch advocate. I am  now forced to go and tell the people I've advocated your products to that I can't do that any more and that I advise them to buy their printers from other manufacturers. 

Goodbye Canon, I'm off to check which printer to buy as I donate this Canon 'printer' to some charity that doesn't need to print out photos. 

jdross1971
Apprentice

No this has not been resolved.  To claim that it is intended to be like this and not allow a 8x10 photo print is in no way acceptable.  There is no reason for this other than to shaft the customer and basically force them to buy another printer on top of this one.  It is entirely software and in no way related at all to hardware.  Very deceptive, I would not have purchased had it been made clear.  Cannon has lost yet another long time customer and as many others as I can warn about it.  As I know a great many influencers on youtube and other social media platforms that will be many thousands of potential customers that cannon has just lost unless this issue is fixed.

Announcements