cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2500 Series - The bottom of the page always cut off

AR1515
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to reset the default automatic margins on Canon PIXMA MG2500 series driver?

I've been changing all margins on my documents to 0cm, but there ll be always margins showed up when I printed the documents, especially the bottom so it's always cutting off the bottom of the page. So I know it must be the driver. The automatic margin that always showed up on the bottom of the page is around 1,6 cm. There's also no option on the Printing Preferences to change them. I'm using Windows 10, by the way.

53 REPLIES 53

ox2m
Apprentice
I have the same problem with canon MG2500 printer when photocopy my document in A4 size the bottom page is Always Cut off even in print preview . I already made a lot of troubleshoot but it not helps . Im running windows 10 64bit please help me with this .

Had the same problem.
I opened it via a PDF file and checked the printer applicant. On Windows, it sets the default printer to 'XPS Viewer' which tries to squeeze the file together and so the bottom is lost. I changed it to the actual name of the printer (on the drop down list) and it worked. Although everytime I tried to print something, it automatically resets to XPS viewer and so it had to be manually set back every single use.

Worked like a charmed ever since.

Kiranggrg
Apprentice
Hey try to change the profile settings New Scan from Photo (default) to Documents. Hope it works.

danguerrera
Apprentice
Solved for me. On my Mac, using Adobe Illustrator this was happening to me too. I went to my print settings while trying to print from AI, and found that my page size was set at 'Defined by Driver'. I changed it to my needed A4 page size, and it was solved. Hope this helps with your machine, and its software. July 13, 2018

Thank you buddy, in fact the illustrator thing allowed me to print in regular A4 margins, the buttom side wasn't cut off any longer, i could do the same with PDF ACROBAT, but still sucks on all Microsoft office apps... i assume it can be changed since the printer got no isssues priting it from Ai or PDF acrobat ... i'm gonna try the full setup with USB + DVD on my Pixma MX922 maybe all the users that are complaining about this issue just set up their printer only by network mode which is the easiest and the faster way to set it up ! i'll keep in touch if ever something else works out

In Win10 , go to 'Control Panel' and get to the point where you can edit the 'Printer Driver' settings ..

You probably have it set to use A4 paper, which in about an inch longer than  the " 11 inch" dimension of the "Letter" size paper (8 1/2 x 11 )   , so the canon is MAGNIFYING very sligfhtly to fit the A4 size !!

but your paper is  'Letter size: 8.5 x 11 inches '   so your paper is NOT LONG ENOUGH to catch that bottom edge !

So config it to 'LETTER' size ( which =  8.5x11) so the Canon WONT magnify it :  the printer KNOWS that 'Letter' size = 8.5x11 ....

Changing from A4 to 'letter' as the preset seems to have worked on my old-ish MacBook Pro.  Constructed a page in TextEdit with 70 lines and both pages print fine.  Plus a test page from Safari worked.  Let's hope this works long term.

I find it amazing this problem has been talked about for 5 years and somebody (a new contributor!) found a fix.  Canon engineers couldn't.

Again,  hope it really works...  Fingers crossed.

--jim

(Kudos to 'tkj' !)

Not only that, but the fix was so obvious !  

If an inch or so is cut off/not-printed , and if the size of A4 paper is about 1 inch LONGER than letter size, then the printer has been mis-instructed as to how to size it's printing!!  Changing document size to be 'Letter' size will fix it ..

Well, looks like it's not quite perfect.  Just printed 2 pages of an Excel sheet and lost the bottom line.  

--jim

Mosemom
Apprentice

I just talked with the Canon support rep. She told me that the 1.6 cm border at the bottom is in the hardware and cannot be remedied. There is no 'fix' for this. Since several models have been mentioned in this Forum with the same problem, this may be a new restriction on the desktop printers. Sorry.

Announcements