cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2500 Series - The bottom of the page always cut off

AR1515
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to reset the default automatic margins on Canon PIXMA MG2500 series driver?

I've been changing all margins on my documents to 0cm, but there ll be always margins showed up when I printed the documents, especially the bottom so it's always cutting off the bottom of the page. So I know it must be the driver. The automatic margin that always showed up on the bottom of the page is around 1,6 cm. There's also no option on the Printing Preferences to change them. I'm using Windows 10, by the way.

53 REPLIES 53

Michael:

You are full of it. MS Word, MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat...none of them will print to within 1/2 inch of the page. Yes, you can use page scaling on a PDF to get it to print the bottom of the page, but that's the only way. I have a mg2950 and an mg 3000. Same issue. These are crappy printers. Blaming everybody else, instead of owning the problem is cheesy.

I'l NEVER buy another canon product again. Hope you enjoy the only $100 you'll ever get out of me.

the bottom of the page of my TS9020 printer is also cut off

Ankia
Apprentice
MG2500 cuts off the bottom of the page in all programs. I can't change the margins to my MG2500 printer in any of my programs. I followrd the above thread and saw some of you fixed it by changing the type of paper, tried it but didn't work...

Ankia
Apprentice
I have the same problem with my MG2540s, have you found a solution yet?

From what I have been told, there is a physical limitation to some of these printers that will not allow print below a certain point. I assume this is due to the paper becoming unsupported or held down by the rollers for the injet head to pass by accurately.

Ankia
Apprentice
The printer head was faulty, had to return the printer. Thanks anyway

Djmiller78
Apprentice
Had this issue with mg3000 printing tax forms from HRBLOCK software. Printed to pdf first and then pdf printed fine.

MeToo.

jboisdorf
Apprentice

TRY THIS.

I was trying to print IRS Form 4868 from a pdf on the web.  An inch of margin was added to the top of the pdf causing the  bottom of the page to get cut off when printed.  I called Cannon support and the guy said it was probably Chrome.  I suspected he was blaming the other guy, but thought of a way to test it.  I downloaded the Form 4868 to my pc, the clicked on it to display it.  I clicked the three dots (upper right corner, Windows 10), selected print, and it printed correctly, without the extra inch of margin at the top, and with the bottom of the page complete.

This SAVED me! Canon PIXIMA MG2522 was cutting off the bottom of every document. I tried everything from manually aligning the printer head, hard reset, adjusting margins, you name it! I down loaded the adobe PDF reader app for free and no more cut off margins! Thanks for the tip, I now realize Chrome was not the best browser for this printer.

Announcements