Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

TS8120 Operation Panel will not close after printing

Hi,

I just bought TS8120 printer however uppon completion of printing nither the output tray retracts nor the operation panel closes. Please advize. 

Thank you,

T. 

New Contributor

Re: TS8120 Operation Panel will not close after printing

There is an option that must be set for the tray to retract (I'm not certain whether it is enabled by default).  My tray retracts but the operation panel stay up, floating.  I haven't found any reference in the manual that it should automatically retract but since it automatically lifts up I would think so.  

Aside from that I am shocked at how poor the print reproduction is-- first Canon in a long time after a series of Epson printers.  Everything is coming out super washed out or just wrong.  I completed the auto-caliberate but no joy.  I mention all of this because it might not matter if the retract is a defect or a problem by design as mine will be on its way back.

Hope somebody answer's you (us).

New Contributor

Hi BuyersR3m0rs3,

You're the only one who responded and I appreciate that. I 100% agree, regarding the abysmal quality of Canon printers, this is my first and I am certain is last Canon printer. I used to had cheapo HP and even that was better functionally but never get HP Envy it's as bad as Canon. 

I could not find configuration that would retract tray and manual has no mention of this so called feature. 

Thanks agian for your response. 

Product Expert

Hi tahirtk,

The paper tray does not automatically close after printing.  This must be closed manaually.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Product Expert

Hi BuyersR3m0rs3,

Are you still experiencing poor print quality?  If so, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.