cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8020 printing horizontal lines

mandjb
Apprentice

I've got a new TS8020 and just printed my first photos.  Unfortunately there are horizontal lines printing.  I've gone in and cleaned and deep cleaned..printed nozzle check pattern.  Nozzle check pattern is perfect.

Please help!  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

If the nozzle check pattern prints perfectly, the issue would be related to the paper that is being used or the Media Type setting on your computer.  Make sure that the correct media type is specified before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Crista
Whiz

Hi mandjb! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Thank you.  Curious whether others are having same problem though and/or if they fixed it.

Hello.

If the nozzle check pattern prints perfectly, the issue would be related to the paper that is being used or the Media Type setting on your computer.  Make sure that the correct media type is specified before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That's exactly what it was - I hadn't seen where to put the photo paper and now that I had to search for it I found it.  Thanks!!

mandjb,

I have had the same problems that you experienced. It's called banding. Some Web research reveals a number of studies and discussion forums that show banding is not uncommon, but most clearly regard banding is an inkjet printer problem that should be unacceptable. Nevertheless there are minimal banding thresholds that people will accept ... or not even recognize.

On my new Canon printer, test print patterns and all types of cleaning display perfect printing, but subsequent photo prints are a completely different story. Printing on various types of paper — plain, heavy matt, photo paper — and selecting their corresponding printer settings have made little or no difference.

What I have found is that, depending on the paper used, there are certain combinations of Print Quality, Color Saturation, and Contrast that have to be correctly chosen to keep banding hidding to the untrained eye. And believe me, I have had quite a bit of training the past month to recognize banding.

Fortunately, many of my friends and work colleagues do not see it. Insofar as that goes, the prints are acceptable.  

Hi there, my printer has just started the banding, cannon said to clean the encoder strip but that is quite difficult to get to. Are you able to tell me the adjustments you used? This is the 2nd printer to do this.

Very kind regards

Michelle Mead

Australia

ffsake,

Cleaning the encoder strip did not help me.

Essentially, text and general images printed from an online page work at a normal setting without adjustment. But photos ... those always require the highest print quality setting. And sometimes for reasons I am still not aware of, banding still occurs.

So if I print photo images, I click the highest quality and saturation settings -- but I don't change the color intensity.

Thank you for your reply but that has not made any difference, I shall have a go at cleaning again. I am pretty disgusted that a 2-3 year old printer has his problem, but who do I complain to?

Hi again, I took my printer to a local repairer, he got the paper out and said the encoder strip has nothing to do with the banding it is the printer head and if I want to print photos this printer is a throw away, said never buy an inject again go for a laser. Lucky for me I have another printer for printing A3 so can use that for other sizes. When the banding starts on that one I shall buy a laser. I informed him I followed instructions from canon about the strip and he just shook his head and knew that is what canon put online.

I do hope this helps anyone with a printer showing the banding lines.

Very kind regards

Michelle

Announcements