cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6020 - Duplex print with black ink only?

The_Bishop
Apprentice

Is there a setting to enable this, or can it be rectified in a driver update?  I do not understand why I cannot print black and white pages in duplex without using color ink.

6 REPLIES 6

The_Bishop
Apprentice

Well, this was awesomely helpful.

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

It's not a 'rush' issue, but it will definitely cause me to go elsewhere for a printer when these ink cartridges empty out.  There's no good reason for duplex printing of black and white to use up color ink.

The PIXMA TS6020's black ink is pigment based.  The colors are dye based.

Dye based inks dry faster on the paper.

When duplex printing, the dye based inks are used so that reduces the wait time for the ink to dry before the paper is fed back into your PIXMA TS6020 to print on the reverse side.

This prevents ink buildup inside of the printer which can cause streaking during printing and paper feed issues.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Perhaps there should be a user-selectable option, then, with a notification that using black ink only will result in longer drying times and a slightly slower print speed.

Can you do me a favor? Pls check if changing the 'ink drying wait time' is actually working for your TS6020. 
(it isn't working in my TS8050  ...)

Announcements