cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 9020 won't accept US Letter photo paper (can't 'register' it)

Erbrown
Apprentice

I want to print out a larger photo on US letter size photo paper. I have specified US Letter - Photo Paper in the print job.  

The paper is in the rear tray.  The printer then says the paper is the tray does not match the paper in the print job.

When I re-insert the US letter paper, the printer wants me to 'register' the new paper. The printer claims that the paper is 2x 5x7 - 13 x 18  and watns me to register it

It's not, it's US Letter. I seem to be in an endless loop. How do I get the printer to recognize the US Letter photo paper?

- and I have to say the idea of registering paper is a pain in the butt. This is my 6th or 7th printer, and while the print quality is excellent some of the new 'intelligence' is massively time wasting. 

3 REPLIES 3

Erbrown
Apprentice

- one more thing, if it matters: I'm using a Macbook Pro with the latest OS. I've tried printing from various photo softwares and the error is the same. 

Hi Erbrown! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Hello.

Make sure that the media type and paper size are correct in the Print menu of your software before printing from your Mac.  These settings should match what is set on the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements