cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Canon ImageCLASS MF8580Cdw: Error Message "Canon MF Driver cannot be installed"

DKassai
Apprentice

Request for service support

I have purchased a brand new Canon ImageCLASS MF8580Cdw printer from OfficeMax.  In the packaging there was a CD for the Macintosh.  It said it cannot install.

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 12.20.06 PM.png

My computer is a 27 inch iMac.

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 1.00.24 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi DKassai!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!  If this is a time-sensitive matter, we'd recommend contacting our technical support team by phone or email here - bitly.com/ContactCanon.

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi DKassai.

I apologize that there is an issue with the  Mac OS X Software CD-ROM  that came with the imageCLASS MF8580Cdw.  I'm not sure if you have already called or emailed in for technical assistance, but I did want to advise you that the Mac OSX 10.9 drivers can be found at the Canon USA website.  Please click the link below and enter your model number:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

Once you are at the page, click [Drivers] and select the [MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh...].  Save the file and then open it  from the saved location.  Open the MF Driver installer package and follow the steps to install the driver. 

You will also follow the steps above to install the fax and scanner drivers.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.  If you need further assistance, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a live technical support representative will be able to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much for your succinct yet thorough post in response to the problem, which I also had until I followed your instructions.

All the best.
Announcements