cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Scanning with Newest Driver for Pixma MX922

williamauer
Contributor

I've just installed the newest drivers, dated 10/1/2013, for my Pixma MX922. My desktop computer is running Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit and the Pixma is connected via wired Ethernet. Using the old drivers I was able to scan documents in 20-30 seconds per page. With the new drivers it's more like 10 MINUTES per page. (Note, I was using a wireless connection to the printer then, but had too much interference from a neighbor so I had to switch to the hard-wired connection.)

Is there a way to speed this up? Or can someone point me to a link to download the old drivers? 10 minutes per page is simply not tolerable when scanning a six-sheet, double-sided document.

Thanks,

Bill

2 REPLIES 2

williamauer
Contributor

Okay, two days now and no response at all. I can understand that nobody knows why the new driver is so slow and they don't know how to fix it. But the second part of my question was very simple: please point me to a link back to the previous version of the driver, the version before the 10/1/2013 release. My scanner worked quite well with that driver. (I know, I should have created a System Restore Point before installing the new driver. Lesson now learned.)

Bill

Hi williamauer!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry! The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If you've come across a problem that requires urgent assistance, we'd recommend contacting our technical support team by phone or email by clicking HERE.

We hope this helps!

Announcements