Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Scanner Errors 15, 157, 0 on Pixma MX472 (Mac)

First, many thanks CasCyber.  I’ve been struggling with this for ages using an MG7750 and have tried everything I could think of, but was still getting the error intermittently.  Going the System Preferences route works fine!

Stevephua: what OS are you using?  With MacOS Sierra 10.12 I don’t get the screen you show, but one with a Print / Scan option.  Selecting Scan and then clicking ‘Open Scanner’ enables me to do a successful scan.  You do have the Scan Utility installed?

New Contributor

This was the absolute best help ever. I don't kno why there isn't a simple solution for this but this works and I'll use this forever.
Highlighted
New Contributor

mine is the pixma mg5765

cascyber,you led me to check my printer in system preferences at which point i noticed printer was reading offline on my mac (even though it had wifi written on the printer)

i then realised this is due to it not being connected to my computer, hence the error message 

thanks for the help here!

i then left (double finger) clicked on the image of the printer on the far left in the column and selected 'reset printing system'

this caused it to delete? uninstall? basically forget the printer and make it vanish.

i then downloaded the entire driver and software program for my model from the canon website. followed the instructions and basically this led me to start from scratch again.. didnt take long at all either.

working again!!

hope this helps, im sure there is an easier way but this was just me trying to navigate unknown territory that led me to do it in this order.

thanks for the discussion, id still be ripping hair out without it!

ps. i did have the print or scan buttons both present in my system preferences but it was the left column picture of my printer saying 'offline' that was the issue for me Smiley Happy