cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanned Document has a line down the center

skugler57
Apprentice

My original documents do not have a line down the center but when I scan the document there is a line down the center. This has just started happening. I've cleaned the platten and the scanner table (screen).  What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know your printer model, what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using,  and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

Pixma mx922, windows 10 64bit, USB connected. Only happens when scanning from the ADF.

Hello.

The lines on copies that you are experiencing is a result of the scan glass being dirty or scratched.  The scan glass that the printer uses when scanning from the ADF is located to the left of the larger glass area (platen) when you open the cover.  It is the smaller glass strip on the left hand side of the unit. 

Spray some glass cleaner on a paper towel and then clean the smaller glass area.  Once cleaned, try scanning from the ADF again.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements