cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan problem with MX892

cplymale
Apprentice

I have a new computer with Win 8.  The MX892 worked perfectly on my old XP computer.  I can print from my Win 8 computer but cannot scan.  The Canon quick menu has nothing for me on the scan line.  When I use the canon MX 890 Series Printer WE shortcut, it will not allow me to scan in PDF format.  When I use the can function directly on the printer, it recognizes another computer but not mine.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello cplymale.

Please download and install our MP Navigator program to scan in Windows 8.  This program will give you the ability to scan and save files to PDF format.

The program can be downloaded at the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael,

I have the same problem with my new Lenovo laptop w/WIN 8 (64 bit). I tried your suggestion of downloading and installing the referenced driver but it made no difference whatsoever. There is no access to the scan function on any of the canon icons/start buttons or menus. There appears to be an incompatibility between the MX892 scan function/driver and WIN 8.

Do you have another suggestions? BTW, the MX892 works perfectly on my WIN 7 (64 bit) desktop. All features are accessable.

Here is a quick update to my problem in post #3 above. After uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and canon MX892 SW a couple of times and rebooting without any success for obtaining the scan function,I gave up in frustration and turned off the laptop and went to the gym for a workout. When I returned and powered up the laptop, all of the printer functions/buttons/scan selection links were present! So now everything works and I have absolutely no idea why.

I think the problem is related to the way WIN 8 goes out and automatically installs some of the basic printer drivers automatically whenever it senses the presence of a printer on the network. When the user tries to install the driver from the disk supplied with the printer, you get an error message saying "the driver is already in use" or something like that. And that botches up the installation. However, if left alone, at least in my case, WIN 8 may have somehow fixed the problem on it's own. I can't come up with any other explanation for why everything is operational now.

MACuser
Apprentice

I use an IMAC connected to my Canon via wireless LAN. I can print fine from the Mac to the Canon but cannot get the Canon to scan and send a document to my MAC. Any suggestions?

Announcements