cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove print head from MG5560

JudithM
Apprentice

I have two canon printers. Both have misaligned print heads. I've tried all the processes: deep head cleaning, automatic alignment, manual alignment. I've even rung Canon. So far no luck.

Oh, why did they both fail the same week!!!

I want to remove the print head from another printer that is clogged. I can't find instructions for removing the print head from a MG5560. All the utube videos are for different models as are all the web instructions (they show lifting a grey lever and mine has no grey lever).

Does anyone have experience with a MG5560 who would be willing to tell me how to remove the printhead?

I'd be very grateful, thank you. JudithM

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JudithM,

The PIXMA MG5560 is not supported by Canon USA.  For assistance with your PIXMA MG5560, please contact Canon Australia by using the following link:

https://www.canon.com.au/support

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I didn't see anything in the description of this forum to suggest that it was exclusive to USA citizens.

Your link takes me to Canon Australia who REFUSE to explain how to remove the print head.

The printer is way out of warranty and I just want another owner to tell me how to remove the head or point me to a utube or similar.

Hello JudithM

I just found myself with the same error message on my canon MG5560.  I did find on you tube how to open a similar printer and how to take out and clean the print head.  It did not help though as the printer still has the same message.  Did you somehow resolve the problem on your printer.  Anyway this is the link for those who are wondering how to take out the print head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61WxOduqQg

Can someone else help out on this error issue.

Thanks

HelenB

Announcements