cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re PIXMA MX922 conserve ink

Shirah
Contributor
I use the printer 3-5 times a day for minimal printing and copying. I want to conserve ink costs. Is there a benefit from turning the printer off each night? Are there other tricks to conserve ink? What about using aftermarket ink cartridges? All advice welcome.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When the printer is powering on, a brief cleaning cycle will be performed.  Since the printer is used a few times daily, it would be fine to keep the printer powered on and reduce the amount of cleaning cycles that are performed.

We cannot recommend the use of third party or remanufactured ink tanks.  They may cause print quality issues or lead to other errors.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When the printer is powering on, a brief cleaning cycle will be performed.  Since the printer is used a few times daily, it would be fine to keep the printer powered on and reduce the amount of cleaning cycles that are performed.

We cannot recommend the use of third party or remanufactured ink tanks.  They may cause print quality issues or lead to other errors.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

very complete! Thanks very much!

Debra828
Apprentice

Hi everybody,

I am trying to hook up my new printer and don't even get past the "on" button! The message says to remove all tape (or whatever) which I have done completely. The only button lit is "copy"

HELP.

Debra

You can call the company and they will help. I have done it several times with different matters.

Thank you!

Announcements