cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 5520 printer stops printing

MrSlade
Contributor

I cannot figure where to ask a question on this confusing site.

Canon series 5520 printer. I've been using it for years, wirelessly. Haven't changed anything.

Suddenly it started printing 1/3 to 1/5 of the page and then it stops and delivers the partial printout.

I restarted it and the computer.

None of the advice pages I have found do any good

[email address removed per forum guidelines]

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi MrSlade,

Resetting your network may resolve the issue being experienced. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off all of your computers.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, then turn it and all computers back on.

Please also move your printer as close to your wireless access point/router as possible, ensuring that there are no devices that may cause an interference (i.e., baby monitors, cordless phones, microwaves, other wireless devices, etc.) between the devices nearby. 

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements