cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Menu Software for Canon PIXMA MX452

clarkdjensen
Apprentice

Whenever I click on the Quick Menu program for the subject product, I get the following error message:

Canon Quick Menu has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and Quick Menu software several times, from both the disc provided and on-line downloads.

I have turned off my anti-virus/firewall program and also told the security program that the Canon program is a trusted application.

I am able to print/scan/copy, but not from the Quick Menu, which is more convenient.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi clarkdjensen,

There may be a third party scanner driver interfering with Quick Menu.  Please try the following:

1.  Click 'Start' and then 'Computer'.

2.  On the left-hand pane, click the down arrow beside Local Disk (C: ).

3.  Click the down arrow beside Windows to open the folder

4.  Highlight the twain_32 folder.

5.  The folder should have 2 folders that start with PIXMA MX452 and a file called wiatwain.ds.  Any other folders or files should be dragged to the desktop. 

6.  Reboot the computer and try scanning again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hi,

I have the same probleme but in the TWAIN_32 folder I just have one folder called MX450series and the wiatwain.ds file.

I can print but I can't scan or any other function.

could you help me? thanks

Sylvie

I finally found a solution by myself.

As Image Garden and Quick Menu were not working but apparently the device was scanning it meaned that I was just unable to access the files as Image garden was crashing.

I was able to change the parameters in IJ scan utility and specify that after scanning the file should be open in Windows Explorer. That worked out and then I deleted Quick Menu and Image Garden from my system so now I can print and scan.

tyty6  so much for me registering

jerrystarrus
Apprentice

I have a MacBook Air and no CD ROM drive. How do I set up the wifi printing option?

Hello jerrystarrus,

Check out the link below for step-by-step directions, just select "Mac" under "Initial Setup:"

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx452#Wi...

If you are running into any difficulty in the procedure, it would be best to get in touch with our technical support team at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Caffywaffy
Apprentice

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !

I can now scan !

Rowboat
Apprentice

I need help on 2 items.

1.  My Canon Quick Menu will not load

2.  I cannot  get the scan utility to work.  I have windows 7.  I went to c:\windows\twain_32.   In that folder I have SG20 and wiatwain_ds.  

My scanner will work in paint, because that is windows software.   My printer works fine. 

I  can't get my scanner to  go to anything but PDF, and I hate PDF's

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

My scanner is working even though I get the software the software error message. I still cannot open the Canon Quick Menu
Announcements