cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Menu Software for Canon PIXMA MX452

clarkdjensen
Apprentice

Whenever I click on the Quick Menu program for the subject product, I get the following error message:

Canon Quick Menu has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and Quick Menu software several times, from both the disc provided and on-line downloads.

I have turned off my anti-virus/firewall program and also told the security program that the Canon program is a trusted application.

I am able to print/scan/copy, but not from the Quick Menu, which is more convenient.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi clarkdjensen,

There may be a third party scanner driver interfering with Quick Menu.  Please try the following:

1.  Click 'Start' and then 'Computer'.

2.  On the left-hand pane, click the down arrow beside Local Disk (C: ).

3.  Click the down arrow beside Windows to open the folder

4.  Highlight the twain_32 folder.

5.  The folder should have 2 folders that start with PIXMA MX452 and a file called wiatwain.ds.  Any other folders or files should be dragged to the desktop. 

6.  Reboot the computer and try scanning again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi clarkdjensen,

There may be a third party scanner driver interfering with Quick Menu.  Please try the following:

1.  Click 'Start' and then 'Computer'.

2.  On the left-hand pane, click the down arrow beside Local Disk (C: ).

3.  Click the down arrow beside Windows to open the folder

4.  Highlight the twain_32 folder.

5.  The folder should have 2 folders that start with PIXMA MX452 and a file called wiatwain.ds.  Any other folders or files should be dragged to the desktop. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Karl:

That was the problem.  Thank you!

Well that was super easy.  Thanks so much for writing in crayon.  I usually have such a hard time following instructions.

I have a PIXMA MG7120.  So the only difference for me was that I needed to leave the SG20 folder and the wiatwain.ds file in there.  It was my old Lexmark printer data in there that was causing the problem. 

Karl1

I tried your solution and there was a file foe a Dell printer which I moved to the desk top and then rebooted but I still can't scan - I've just noticed I have a MG4250!

Hi EssexMan,

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

Are you using your PIXMA MG4250 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MG4250 wirelessly?

Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. Please note the PIXMA MG4250 is not supported by Canon USA as this model is not sold in the United States.  If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach Canon UK:

http://Canon.us/4rs4

clarkdjensen
Apprentice

That was the problem.  Thank you!

tallbill
Apprentice

I had this same problem  with a new PIXMA MG5420.  I followed the instructions, but it would not let me move the wiatwain.ds file.  It said that I required "permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file".  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Hi tallbill,

Don't remove the wiatwain.ds file from your TWAIN_32 folder.  This is a Windows file used for basic scanning and is required on the system.

Try the steps above again and then perform a test scan.  If you can't scan or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Go back through process but the…..

Tallbill (I had same identical problem with same model printer)

step 5: "2 folders that start with PIXMA MX45" I had a folder that said DELL, MG5400 series (only one folder) and the wiatwain.ds mentioned above.

I moved the Dell folder to my desktop

It gave me an administrator prompt

I clicked continue

I did not have to restart I just clicked on software and it launched fine.

Announcements