cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from Cricut

heatherama
Apprentice

I have had trouble printing from my Pixma MX472 since the day I bought it.  I have not been able to print Avery Labels and now I cannot print from my Print and cut fuction on my Cricut.  All my settings are for 8 1/2 by 11 but it prints at 4x6 size.  I turned off the function to detect paper size, because it wouldn't print.  The error message would say it was the incorrect paper size.  I'm ready to throw this printer away and go back to HP if someone does help me out here.

What is so hard about doing basic printing?  I'm not expecting anything specatular.  If it tell the printer that I need something printed on 8 1/2 x11 why does it change it to another size.

Help!

12 REPLIES 12

Ramona
Authority

Hi heatherama,

So we can better assist you, please reply to this email with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), or if you are printing from a tablet or other wireless device.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please assist me in using my Pixma mx922 with my Cricut machine. I have a Mac computer operating with Yosemite 10-10-5.

When I attempt to print from the cricut print then cut library the printer will not print on the 8.5 X 11 cardstock but on the photo paper. 

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ahuezo16
Apprentice
i am having the same problem with my mx922 i am using mac ios. i sent an email but i have not gotten a reply

Hello,

Based on the specfic issue described, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

I have an iMac running OS Sierra 10.12.5. I am using Cricut Design Space on the Safari Browser 10.1.1. When I try to use "print then cut" in Design Space, the printer, an ip8720, just spits out a blank page, then the yellow error light flashes twice. Then, when I go to print from any other application, the printer behaves as though it's been paused, and I have to unpause it. Then the printer will print as normal from any other application. If I go back to Design Space and make another attempt, the whole thing starts over again. I have troubleshooted this as far as I can go, and I am now stuck with no resolution.

chefpeon,

Please use the Contact links provided in the previous reponses in this thread to contact our support group for assistance with your issue.

FYI for people following this thread. I contacted Canon tech support via email. Their response was basically "not our problem, it's a Cricut Design Space problem". So now I get to contact Cricut tech support and if you've ever contacted Cricut tech support, you know how much fun that is.

I also have the same problem with my Canon TS9020. I set the paper as letter (8.5 x 11), and it's not printing that size!!! It keeps resizing and resizing. Each time a bit different than the last time!!!! I thought it must be me not printing from the Canon app (I printed from iPhone Photo and Yahoo email, the image either appear cropped or enlarged), and I tried to print from the app and it's still shrinking my picture!! Help!!!!! Why is it so hard not to resize it???

Also, chefpeon, did you find out anything from Cricut? :((((( Cricut can't print from the rear tray!!!! I know it's Cricut's problem but still :((((

I love the quality of the print from my printer but I don't know why there're so many problems!! Arrrrggghhh!!!

Announcements