cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 says no paper when I have paper

Emmrut
Apprentice

I tried to print a web page wirelessly from my iPad on my canon mg 5320. I have had no problem before. Now it says error, cassette. There is no paper. Load paper then push start. I had plenty of paper loaded. I reloaded and pushed start...same message

61 REPLIES 61

Emmrut
Apprentice
I tried to print a copy of a document...same thing I tried cleaning the roller. When I cleaned the back tray...I followed directions, unloaded paper first then reloaded, as directed and paper passed through the printer. I then tried cleaning the roller/cassette. When I reloaded paper as directed, no paper came through the printer. So it appears that something is wrong with the cassette ( whatever and wherever that is)

Hi Emmrut,

If you have already verified that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer, ensured that the paper guides in the cassette are snug against the paper, and have performed at least three roller cleanings on the printer and are still experiencing the same issue, the printer will require servicing.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dear team I have a problem when I am printing to Cannon ir2520 the is error number 0276 printer load paper . Please I assist to resolve this

thanks

Printer keeps saying I have no paper. I have often turned off at the access point, as per instructions, but it still carries on. Checked no paper jam. How do we clean the rollers? What other suggestions do you have? Thanks

Hi, Merleleitch!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter and you're in the United States, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

If you live outside the US, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map to find local help.

Thanks and have a great day!

I get the 1003 error every time I load new paper in the Pixma 6100 series. The only thing that works for me is to ONLY load about 15 pieces of paper at a time. It seems that if the paper is too heavy, the rollers cannot "grip" the paper. 

For those with an MG series multifunction printer which can't load paper, I had the same issue with my MG5750.

By chance, I found a post on another forum from another owner. His solution was wonderfully simple - get something which applies enough pressure to push the paper tray feed roller onto the paper, and it'll almost certainly work fine.

I did loads of testing of other methods to work around the deficient design - ultimately, the spring which is supposed to push the small rollers onto the paper in the tray is far too weak. Even with the rubber grips, they can't get enough purchase on the paper to draw it into the main rollers.

Frankly, just grab a sponge and scissors, it works great! I used a cut off portion of a Dishmatic sponge head. Printer is still working great months later and was trivial to do, no special tools or printer disassembly required (just slide out the print tray)...

I documented it all with photos on my site, https://chriswoods.co.uk/2019/08/canon-pixma-paper-feed-roller-problems-diy-sponge-fix/ . Hopefully that's useful to other people as this thread ranks highly in search engines for this problem.

I actually fixed the paper problem by using the REAR tray as the paper source. Works every time! I was even able to make the rear tray the default tray when printing. YAY!

This may be late but I think It may be useful for upcoming users.
To fix the error:
- You select setting
- Device Settings
- Plain Paper Feed Settings
- Set up on Rear Tray instead of cassette

That is how I did it.

Thanks
Announcements