cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer problems

CJKH
Apprentice

I am trying to add a scanner that is on a Canon MG5622 and I go to setting and the only thing it looks for is a printer.  So how do I add it to windows 10.  It has already scanned the document.

I have another problem with another printer and the printer is a canon PIXMA MX490 and I am trying to add the printer to windows 10 and it will not open in a VLC media player.  I put the disk in and says it cannot open it,.

So where to I go from here.  some help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks for any help you can give.

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First off you might want to re-post this in the Printers section of the forum.  You'll get more hits there.

In Win10 when you open the Scan (app) tab does the scanner show up?  On my Win10, I get two actually.  The default Win10 Scan and the one the printer sets up.  In my case an Epson Scan app but either one works.

You are certain you have the correct install disk for the Canon MG5622 on WIn10?  If not you can d/l it from Canon web site.

Again for your Canon PIXMA MX490 make sure you have the Win10 installation disk. If not get it from Canon web site, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

There is no disk.  I bought it at Walmart for one computer and it is an office Home and Student Edition 2016.  It  only has
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and One Note.  Where do I go from here?

Thanks again for your help.

Well no matter where you bought it, you must have the Win10 install files.  You didn't say you did.  Just you didn't get a disk which is pretty common anymore.  You can get the correct WIn10 install files from the Canon web site under support and drivers.

The Scan app is standard with Win10.  You should get another app like CanoScan, etc.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have tried to set up my wireless network now and the WIFY has located it, but will not accept the password now.  Do I call someone or trynto change the password and if I change the password how do I do that.

Thanks for all of your help.

James_C

Hi CJKH,

Based on what you describe, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI                  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements