cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print head alignment paper with notch

jla930
Enthusiast

I have a Pixma MX922. It came with 2 sheets of MP-101 paper with a notch cut out of one corner. When doing a print head alignment, a sheet of this paper is to be loaded in the paper tray with the notch in a specific position.  I have a package of MP-101 paper, without notches, of course.

I used 1 sheet of the included notched paper when I did the initial printer setup. So what am I supposed to do after I do another alignment and use the second sheet of notched paper?  I have all this MP-101 paper that I bought, but nowhere can I find how it's to be oriented for a head alignment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jla930,

Using the MP-101 paper for performing an alignment is not imperative.  You may use regular letter sized paper to perform this task with your PIXMA M922.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jla930,

Using the MP-101 paper for performing an alignment is not imperative.  You may use regular letter sized paper to perform this task with your PIXMA M922.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much, Patrick!

Hi...Having the same problem ...new 922 and the alignment paper is too big for this tray...What am I not seeing?  or doing?  I am wondering if I have a wrong tray for this printer...Ugh

sjd234
Apprentice

How did you get the paper to fit the tray..I have pushed guides all the way...The T shaped slide wont go all the way to top...should it?    

Thought this would be simple....

jla930
Enthusiast
Are you using the right tray? The full size paper tray?

jla930
Enthusiast
There is a letter size paper tray and a 4x6 photo paper tray. The full size tray is the one on the bottom.

jla930
Enthusiast
I am using full size and letter size here to mean the same thing.

sjd234,

Make sure that you are loading the paper in the correct cassette tray.  The MX922 has two trays.  An upper cassette for smaller paper sizes and a lower cassette tray for larger media such as Letter sized paper. 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Announcements