cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma won't print after scanning via USB

opus88
Apprentice

My Pixma MG3200 series wireless printer was working fine until I had to scan something. Learned that it won't scan via wireless, so I attached the USB cable that came with the machine, scanned, then removed the cable. Have not been able to print wirelessly since then.

I did find that it was marked to use the printer offline (which matched the message I was getting), so I removed that checkmark. Still no printing. I restarted my laptop and it now says Printer Ready. Still no printing, but it now pops up with Printer Not Responding, and of course all it says in the Print Queue is Error - no explanation or link to assistance. Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, opus88!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which model of printer you're using, and which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am on a laptop with Windows 7 and using Office 2007. The printer is MG3222. Printing was no problem until I hooked up the USB and scanned some pages. I can print if I hook back up again, but that really negates the whole reason for having a wireless printer.

Ramona
Authority

Hi opus88,

The PIXMA MG3222 can scan wirelessly over your network, however, the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX will need to be running on your computer, and the printer will need to be selected in that program.

We recommend reinstalling the drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website to get your printer back online.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MG3222:

PIXMA MG3222 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Once you have downloaded the drivers for the printer, please follow the steps above to download the Quick Menu and My Image Garden software for the printer.  Next, please click the red arrow next to the SOFTWARE section on the webpage to display and download the other software for the printer.

If you are unable to scan wirelessly after reinstalling the drivers and software, you may need to select the printer in the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX and IJ Scan Utility programs.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MG3222 Network Scan Settings

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements