cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx 922 will not print a pic from the lower tray. Cannot put 8x10 paper in upper tray.

Keala
Apprentice
I cannot print a picture using the paper in the lower tray and cannot make 8x10 paper fit in the upper tray. Is this normal for this printer. I should have stayed with a HP printer. I am using an iPad 2.
14 REPLIES 14

ramonapilgrim
Contributor
I too am having this problem. Purchased this printer a few months ago. Worked fine, once losing wireless signal was resolved, with both Windows and IOS. No problems printing anything. As of a few days ago, when trying to print from iPhone, iPad using AirPrint or Printer Pro app it keeps defaulting to the upper tray. Everything in manual settings is set to default to lower tray and prints as such with Windows. But not IOS. What is going on? I have shut down, unplugged, etc...nothing works. Need to fix or this printer goes back. Without iOS support this is not useable for us. This is one reason we bought this printer. That and we had another Canon previous to this that we loved. Help!

Can not print  8 X 10 picture from lower tray when sending picture from my iphone.

Please see my reply from last year.  Must use the Canon app to print any photos from IPhone, IPad, or any Ios based product etc using the lower tray....

If you use a program, such as Photoshop, you can print 8 X 10 prints from the lower tray by making the selection in that program.

I have done it using Photoshop, can't speak to other programs.

The upper tray will not adjust to the larger sizes.. strange thing.

The predecessor MX882 was much more photo print friendly .

SturgisLibrary
Apprentice

Here's a cheat to getting around this in IOS:

Instead of selecting Print, select Add to Notes and then Save.  Go into Notes and Print from there.

Announcements