cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Wireless setup without CD

alibaz
Apprentice

Hi I have a Canon Pixma MG3100 and Windows 7 Operating system, I have bee trying to set up the printer for wireless internet. My problem is that when we first purchased the printer we did not have wireless internet and since then i seem to have misplaced the installation CD the only one I can find is the Mac 05 installation CD.....is there a way I am able to set the printer up for wireless printing without the CD??

2 REPLIES 2

Adolphus
Apprentice

Spent hours going round in circles with this problem for MG3160 on XP.  What you need is "Canon IJ Network Tool" downloadable for specific OS from Canon Support.  Disconnect printer and switch it off.  Run the tool, choose Network connection - won't find it but tells you to set up via USB. The tool detects wireless network and loads settings to the printer then says disconnect USB and away she goes.

Danny

Hi!

If you need the drivers and apps for your PIXMA MG3100-series printer and you're not able to use the CD, you can download everything you need for free from the Canon USA web site.  Just click HERE to get going.

We hope this helps!

Announcements