Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pixma MX922 printing blank pages

My method above is only applicable if all cartridges have ink, the cartridge chip is reading that they have ink and the printer was printing ok within the last few days (ie the printhead has not dried out). It works by completely re-booting the software that drives the printhead and also by removing and replacing the printhead, the large number of electronic contacts to the print-head are re-seated.

Re-aligning the printhead will do nothing because the printer has to print alignment blocks onto a page and scan them to make any adjustments, so if there is nothing printed on the page there is nothing to scan!  Obviously the same for a manual printhead alignment which asks you to look at alignment blocks printed on the page.

If a complete software re-boot as I described above (not missing any steps) does not work then the printhead may have died (it is a user replacable consumable part) and can be replaced. However most likely cheaper to replace the printer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pixma MX922 printing blank pages

PDIT,

Thanks for the info.  I spoke with Canon support who basically said the same thing.  That it was likely a circuitry issue with the printhead, I could bring it to a certified Canon services center but most likely not worth the expense.  Guess it's time for a new printer