cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492-Scanner Defaults Macbook Pro

richard7893
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Pixma MX 492 Printer/Scanner connected to a Macbook Pro. I would like to set up certain defaults upon opening the scanner feature.

I would like my defaults for Document Feeder to automatically combine the pages into one file. As of now, I always have to remember to select the check box that says 'Combine into single document', and this always involves me having to do a rescan as the pages are saved as separate files unless I select the checkbox 'Combine into single document'.

Also what is really annoying is when I try to scan using the flatbed feature. When I select the drop down for Scan Mode and Flatbed, the scanner automatically begins doing a "preview" scan. Then, when it finishes doing this, there is a picture on the left with a scan of the document. It does not allow me to save (at least I have not figured it out intuitively). I am forced to select a peice of the document for scanning, the scanner proceeds to scan and it saves to the location I specify. Not sure why it's like this at all. I can see how this may be useful, but I do not want it as my default. I just want to select the Flatbed scan, specify the save location, then proceed to scan. The cut/scan functionality would still be a good feature to keep.

If there is not a way to do this now, maybe the Canon folks can incorporate it into a new software driver update. Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi richard7893,

A scanning program is included with the printer software, and may already be installed on the computer.

1. Press the Search icon in the upper right of your screen.

2. Type "IJ Scan Utility" in the search box.

3. Open IJ Scan Utility.

4. Place your original.

5. Press the "Settings" button.

6. Select "Document Scan" on the left. 

7. Scroll Down to "Save Settings."

8. Change the Data Format to "PDF (Multiple Pages.)"
  9. Press OK.

Multiple images in other formats (JPEG, TIFF) cannot be saved as a single file.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements