cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX340 doesn't recognize paper is in tray

tomloc
Apprentice

I load the paper in the rear tray and print; the printer starts the setup to print, where it draws in the paper by about two inches, moves the printer head in the correct location and gets ready to print but then says please load paper. I did a deep cleaning as well as a roller cleaning. The center roller seems to be in contact with the paper and when it draws in the paper it is slightly out of alignment. It draws in the right side a little more than the left. If I push the paper guide rails to be snug or leave it a little loose it doesn't seem to make a difference and before and after this problem occured I updated the printer drivers, so I am not sure why the printer doesn't recognize the paper in the rear tray. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Tomloc

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Turn the printer off and unplug the power from the unit.  Then check to see if any obstructions happened to fall in the sheet feeder.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any remenants of paper in any of the back tray paper feed rollers or any of the other rollers underneath the glass. I will have to contact the support group for further analysis. I appreciate the quick reply.

Tom

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements