cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

Abroomes
Contributor

Hello All,

I would just like you to know that after writing the CEO of Canon, Mr. Joe Adachi, for about two weeks, I was contacted by their Executive Response Representative, Mr. Michael Schimmel asking me to call him. I spoke with him and at the end of the conversation, I was promised a new printer MX 922, it was shipped out on Wednesday and arrived Friday afternoon. I then received a call from Mr. Schimmel, the following Monday whereby he stated he was checking to see if the printer was functioning well, to which I replied yes, granted I only set it up the day before so we will see what happens in the next 18 months (lol).  So I say to all of you, even if you cannot get your money back, please pursue the issue, so that Canon can take care of their responsibilities to their customers and at the very least provide them with a new model printer which I hope out-performs the MX 892 and proves to be durable. 

What address / email address did you use?

Canon USA, Inc.

One Canon Park

Melville, NY 11747

But Mr. Schimmel wrote me from 

Canon USA, Inc

850 Greenbriere Circle

Chesapeake, VA 23320-2624

***I meant Greenbrier

Thank you for this info.  BTW, was your MX892 still under warranty?

No, it was not.

I have no idea if this will be posted . . .  I have been denied access to respond on this board.
It looks like Canon cannot handle complaints about defective products. 

I am so glade to hear Abroomes DID finally get some satisfaction from Canon.  Too bad it too
two weeks writing to the CEO, and then having to deal with Mr. Schlemiel.  Good God, I would
hope that your brand new one day old printer would still be working.

By-the-way, did you happen to ask if EVERYONE with a dead printer will be getting a new
replacement?  Boy, they're getting off real cheap if they only need to replace one out of
how many thousands of failed printers.

If I could get some satisfaction from Canon (with out the two weeks of writing to the CEO, etc.)
I might consider giving them a fourth try.

Oh, my one week old new HP printer is still running great.

Yikes! Why are you so angry that this one person who DID write to the company with a legitimate complaint won and received resolution??
If that annoys you then you too should REALLY write a letter to the company and explain your problem and not express your anger here!

This is a place to voice an opinion and a disagreement.  Not anger towards another person.
I have written a letter and have mailed it as well.
Do you actually think that this gentleman, “Mr. Schimmel,” has the time to sit and read this forum??

For future reference his name is Schimmel.......NOT (sic) "Schlemiel"
Grow up and write a letter to CANON and some of the addresses that were posted and see if you will get a response!
Be an adult and compose an actual business complaint letter.
Good luck to you and please quit being jealous, hateful and a basher!
Warmly ~C

Sounds like we  may have been infiltrated by a Canon representative troll. This is the first person who is not very upset about their printer dieing for no reason. They jump straight to talking about writing a letter and which tells me they never contacted customer service and received the BS line on how to reset the printer that we all know does not work.

Furthermore the person who posted before you was not directing anger at anyone he was stating his opinion and disagreement with the utter lack of responsibility on Cannon's part. Especially when you contact customer service and they try to sell you a printer at a so called discount which is actually more expensive than your local big box stores price off the show room floor.

By the way do you worked for Canon? It is common place these days for company reps to post in forums to try and manipulate peoples opinion about the company when something unfavorable begins to develop. I would not be surprised if this is the case.

Now more of my opinion follows no anger here. Mr Schimmel should be on the forums reading this. He should be getting in touch with his consumer base especially when many people in this thread have vowed to never buy Canon again.  Being an engineer with my manufacturing experience I can guarantee that there have been  thousands upon thousands of warranty claims that we are not privy to for this exact problem. We aren't an isolated group with only 20 or so brain dead printers out of the whole production of this particular model.

I am not wasting anymore of time over Canon.

Announcements