Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

don't spend any money on power supplies or print heads ....they are all the same read through all owners you can buy a new printer cheaper than any option canon offers. there was a class action on this printer but i think its over ... there is no fix that makes sense ... use it as boat anchor

New Contributor

Same thing.  Just shut done.  Completely dead.  Also done with Canon.

New Contributor

Same with my Pixma MX 892.  I had two of them.  This one I rarely used.  Less than 500 pages printed.  When you calculate the cost of the machine, ink cartridges and paper, it comes to about 25 cents per page.  My expectations were for less expensive printing.  Heading to Costco to buy a new printer.  I know they don't sell Canon printers anymore.  When they no longer carried Canon, I knew it must be for reasons like this.  So, most likely, back to HP which, as others have commented, HP has been more reliable and less expensive based on the cost per printed page.  

Thank y'all for for writing on the Community page.  I might have spent hours fussin' with it, probably bought a new power supply and then been even more frustrated.  As they say in the banking business, "Your first loss will be your least loss."  Translation:  Don't through good money after bad.   

New Contributor

Another victim. Pixma 892 approximately 2 years old. Unit died in the middle of print job. Canon customer support went through same script...remove power wait 10 seconds; same result. Pixma MX892 dead and stuck with extra print cartridges. I actually considered purchasing another MX892 before I read this thread. The plan was to use failed unit for parts...dumb idea. In search of new non-Canon printer.