cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

hidta
Apprentice

Got the same problem... tried to turn power on...dead 

I was in the middle of doing my tax return...

Is it broken already?

Bama53GT
Apprentice
From everything I've read on this particular Forum Thread - yes. I haven't concluded that 100% just yet for my Pixma MX922. I will discuss first with Canon CS before taking my Pixma (and sadly my last Canon) to the recycle depot. But I'm pretty sure it is terminal failure.

Alex262
Apprentice

Same issue here. My father and I both have these printers-- his lasted about 2 years with moderate use, and mine lasted about 2 years with very light use-- e.g., I have probably printed less than 50 times. I got a B200 error message and managed to fix that, started to print something, then went dead. Also it would never stay connected to my wifi. This clunky, slow, heavy printer takes ridiculously expensive ink and has been a hassle since the beginning. Won't be buying another Cannon.

My Pixma 892 lasted 3 years and just died..Another one bites the dust!

Just to add. I had a brother that lasted almost 10 years.

sg17681
Apprentice

Being from Germany, my MX895 died after a little over 3.5 years.  Started with the well known B200 error, followed two days later by "He's dead, Jim!".  Having read all these cases here, it seems to be a pretty good liefetime, though.  Bought the already three year old successor MX925 - this time with a three year warranty extension for ~20 USD.  The new one has five years from now to die. 🙂  These hi-tech devices are so damned cheap, the profit comes from people buying super expensive toner from Canon and buying a new device every 2 to 3 years.  BUT: this is anything but ecosystem friendly!

pastorpsv7
Contributor

I changed power supply. I change print head. I did all the things canon suggested. Then I found a site that showed that there is a class action against canon that explains why I have two units that will not turn on after only one years light use. Put your money towards a new unit this model is junk

Has anyone tried to get repair for this printer? I called Canon, but they don't support it anymore. I'm wondering if it is worth paying someone to repair it or if I should just trash it and go back to HP (who I never should have left).

Dlpeeple
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  The printer will not power up.  I called support and the option is to send it to a certified repair center or receive a discount on a new printer.  I chose neither as I found a replacement on sale at a retail store that was 15% less than the deal they were offering  loyal customers.  I am a Canon fan but this hurts!

myfriend
Apprentice

Same problem. What is Canon doing to help us?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements