cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

supers
Apprentice

my printer won't start either.    The last thing I did was try to send a fax today.  When I got home, I could not start the printer any more.  

Hi supers!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model printer you have. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Hello I have the same problem, the printer is Pixma mg5520. Please let me know what can I do to fix the problem. 

same model pixma mx892

Any resolution on this issue? This just happened to me yesterday...

I am having the same issue.

It is very desapointing because I have many canon products.

We bought this printer a little bit over one year ago and the printer simple stopped working. Taking in consideration thay we do not use this printer very often that was quiet unexpected.

I checked if the cable was connected and I tried to to plug it to another outlet and nothing happened.

I tried to press the on button multiple times and it will not turn on.

Anybody knows if there is recall for this printer?

I would like to know Canon's position to all of these complaints

Thanks

does anyone know if replacing power supply fixes the problem

I can confirm that replacing the power supply cured the issue for me.  Note that I bought a used one.

It was essentially plug and play:  one harness to transplant, and one wire on the side of the unit.  Removing the power supply from the bottom of the printer was essentially releasing a retaining clip and working the unit out of its slot.

Once the power supply is replaced, you may or may not have to clear the B200 error.  If yes, then your best bet is to open the cover, push the print head to the left, unplug, push the power button 5x, then power back on.  There's another variation here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1963504/workaround-b200-error-canon-printers.html

Good luck -

ticarre
Contributor

Something is clearly wrong with this printer series.
Multiple people are reporting this issue., including myself. Mine suddenly turned off and stopped working on 5/15/14
Please help with resolution

Announcements